Since I have started this blog I have made this meal twice, which I have not done with any other dish. So, obviously its good.....really, really good! Its creamy and flavorful and oh so tasty! It uses a prepared pesto and I have used a different brand of pesto each time, both were great but the Hubby preferred the Classico brand, it is bigger and cheaper than the other brands that are offered at our grocery stores. The awesome thing about this meal is that you can make a part of it the day before and have it ready for the next day. I pre-cook the chicken and shred it the night before, that way, dinner the next day doesn't take that long, and after a long day of work the easier the better for meals.
16 Jumbo Pasta Shells
4oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
1 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 C. Mozarella Cheese
3 Heaping Tbsp. Prepared Pesto
4 Chicksen Breast, Cooked and Shredded
2 -3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
1. Cook and shred the chicken, I use a trick that I have previously mentioned in the "Green Enchiladas" post where I put the hot cooked chicken in my kitchen-aid stand mixer and mix, it shreds perfectly.
2. Cook the pasta shells as directed, drain and set aside.
3. In the stand mixer, mix the chicken, cream cheese, mozarella cheese, parmesan cheese, pesto and garlic.
4. Fill each shell with the chicken mixture and arrange in a 13x9 pan. Once the pan is filled spoon pasta sauce on top and spinkle with mozarella cheese.
5. Bake the shells at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This dish is so yummy, I have them for lunch for the next two days and never tire of it....always a good sign. This meal is a crowd pleaser and does not take too much time to make, so you can still have a night, which is what I love about it!
Tip: add more or less garlic depending on what you like, I LOVE garlic and I add three cloves, there is some garlic in the pesto so start with adding one clove and see how you like it.